Don’t feel like cleaning your home a few days after you’ve had a baby? I get that and I don’t blame you! That’s why I’m here to tell you why in studio newborn sessions are awesome!!! For so many reasons.
7 Reasons Why In Studio Newborn Sessions are AWESOME
- Messes; My studio floors are designed with mess in mind. Baby messes are no secret when it comes to newborn sessions. So better my floors than yours! Especially if you have carpet 😉
- Lighting; Now I love natural lighting and studio lighting quite equally. And when used properly they can resemble each other very much! This is why I will never “specialize” in one over the other. In the studio, the lighting is consistent. I will never have to reschedule your session because of a dark day.
- Temperature; The studio is set to constant 85 degrees. Perfect to keep your new baby comfortable during their session. Not to mention, nice and sleepy for the more intricate poses. So, no need to crank up your heat in your entire house and hope it’s enough to keep baby happy.
- The car ride; this one can’t be overlooked! The car ride TO the studio works to our advantage as well. 75% of the babies that arrive to their in studio session sleepy or sleeping with a full belly. 9 times out of 10, I can peel those babies out of their car seat, oh so slowly & carefully, and keep them settled enough to begin shooting right away. This is even MORE important if you’ve elected to do a mini newborn session. 😉
- PROPS; I can’t possibly bring all the cool hats, headbands, props and giant newborn posing beanbag with me to your home. When you come to the studio, you have full access to everything and anything that strikes your fancy.
- 2 sets of eyes and 4 hands dedicated to your tiny baby! I shoot every studio session with a trained assistant to ensure your baby’s safety and to keep our quality of images consistent with what you see in my portfolio. It also allows you to sit back, relax and enjoy the show!
- Posing: If you are looking for the sleepy, posed images you see in my portfolio, you will LOVE a studio newborn session. I have a workflow designed specifically for studio sessions that I follow so that I can get you the images you desire, consistently. The following is a truly lovely newborn & FAMILY studio session that I just adored. The little girl reminded me so my of Anne of Green Gables. Anyone else a huge fan of Anne. My assistant Chloe, & I, adore Ann with an E Shirley!